EARN & LEARN PROGRAM
FOR PILOTS | CPL HOLDERS
Today there are over 4000 CPL license holders in India who are in a holding pattern for want of a job. This line is growing every day.
The Indian job market for inexperienced pilots with low time is non-existent. Severe structural and government policy changes have to be made to turn this sector around.
To help alleviate some of the issues being faced by the pilots and also make use of the period of uncertainty in the marketplace we have developed the ‘Earn & Learn’ program.
Students are registered full time for the 2 year Associate Science degree in Flight Operations and Management where in the first year the student will complete his / her CFI license while in the second year the student will be given a work internship with World Wide Wings.
Enrollment is limited and to maintain the quality and integrity of the program we will only consider candidates who are totally committed to succeed.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE:
Click here for information at a glance and for more details please scroll below.
- FAA CPL License (SEL & MEL with Instrument Rating): Initial CFI rating requires a minimum of CPL (SEL). Students with only FAA CPL (MEL) will have to acquire the Single Engine rating before commencing their CFI Training. This will add approximately $2000 to the projected package price.
- Minimum 10 + 2 educational qualification: Eligibility requirement for USA college program (preferably with Physics and Mathematics for Indian students).
- Valid F1 visa (College education): All international students must be eligible to obtain an F1 visa and as per our recommendation enroll in the Associate Science Degree in Flight Operations & Management. All students will be registered under this full-time college program at SBVC. Further we will guide you with the college admission process.
24 months (max 30 months)
CFII (ME) Rating (plus ability to acquire ATP and a Type Rating).
- CFI written exam & CFI check ride (one attempt each)
- Books: Basic Package & study material for CFI training
- All flight & ground training mentioned
- Internship on completion of CFI Rating
- Guaranteed internship after 1st year
- CPL(ME), CFII, CFI(ME) & ATP in 2nd year
- ATP/TR if eligible as per benchmarks
- MUST REGISTER FOR COMPLETE EARN & LEARN PROGRAM
- Must achieve 12 credits+CFI in 1st Sem/ 6-7 months
- CFII (add on) in 15th month (min 1100 flt hrs)
- CPL (ME) in 18th month (min 1500 flt hrs)
- CFII (ME) in 21st month (min 1850 flt hrs)
- Clear your ATP (W) (min 1500 PIC hrs)
- Min 2150 hrs for TR B737/A320
- 60+ credits (FO&M degree)
|LICENSE/RATING||FLIGHT TRAINING HRS||GROUND TRAINING HRS||PROJECTED COST|
|DUAL||SOLO/PIC/TIME BUILD||SIMULATOR||GRD SCHOOL||1-ON-1|
|(Stage-wise allocation of training hours)|
|Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)||08-10||02-05||NA||40||40||$5,800.00|
|Total (21- 30 Flt Trng Hrs)||16-20||05-10||NA||40||45||$8,550.00|
ADDITIONAL TRAINING COST (If required)
Single Engine (SE): $180.00 per hour
Multi Engine (ME): $375 per hour
Ground Training: $55 per hour
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & COST:
|Flight Training: $8,550 + College Tuition: $ 11,850 + Administrative Costs: $ 1,950 = TOTAL $ 22,350|
|SCHEDULE||ON COMMENCEMENT||DAY 90||TOTAL|
|DESCRIPTION||COLLEGE TUITION + FLT TRNG||FLT TRNG||ALL SVCS|
*Higher fuel prices may result in a fuel surcharge cost to customers
*All rates are in US dollars and subject to change
NOTES & EXCLUSIONS (AS APPLICABLE):
- I20, VISA, SEVIS, Fingerprint, FAA Med. & Med. Insurance costs not included
- Approx training time for CFI Rating is 6-7 mnths (1st yr)
- Additional tests & check rides if required must be paid by student
- Student MUST maintain F1 status for entire duration
- Must complete min 30-35 college credits per yr
- Minimum 2150 hrs for ATP & TR eligibility
- The progam MUST be accepted in entirety
- Accommodation, transport & utilities not included
- Single Engine training cost based on 2 seat airplanes (4 seat airplanes cost approx $ 3,500 more)
- Includes CFI written exam and check-ride
- This program assumes that student has a minimum FAA CPL(SE) License
All Payments must be received in time to avoid suspension of flight training and visa status.
This is a guide of the additional costs to be borne in addition to the program cost for students from India and the Indian sub-continent.
SUMMER SEMESTER 2018:
Classes Start on June 1st, 2018.
All applications to be received before March 1st, 2018
FALL SEMESTER 2018:
Classes Start on Aug 13th, 2018.
All applications to be received before May 1st, 2018
SPRING SEMESTER 2019:
Classes Start on January 14th, 2019.
All applications to be received before October 1st, 2018
Flight Instructor internship guaranteed for duration of the program post CFI rating.